Here are a few steps that can help you better prepare for your visit for a sleep study:
- You will need to take a shower in the evening before coming to the lab.
- Your hair needs to be very clean, dry, free of oils, sprays, conditioner, hair extensions, corn-rolls, etc.
- All nail polish needs to be removed.
- All jewelry needs to be removed.
- If you currently take any medications, please bring a list including the dosages.
- If you are currently taking any medications, please check with your physician as to whether or not you should take them on the day of your study.
- If you have any emergency medications, please bring them with you to your study.
- Avoid eating or drinking anything with caffeine on the day of your study.
- Bring proper and comfortable sleep attire and an outfit for the following day.
- You may bring anything else you feel necessary for an overnight stay (books, snacks, toiletries, pillow, etc.).
- Restrooms are provided.
- Do not take any naps the day of your study.
- You may bring over-the-counter pain relievers approved by your physician.
- You may eat a normal diet on the day of your study.
- If you have a cold, flu, fever, or migraine, contact your physician to discuss the possibility of rescheduling your sleep study
depending on the severity of your symptoms.